SimpleWills.net may ask you to provide the following information:
- Information relating to customer service and current offers
- Full name and job title
- Full contact details, including email address
- Demographic details including postcode, interests and preferences
How SimpleWills.net use the Information Gathered
We pride ourselves on being a reputable company and we want to find the most appropriate solution for your personal needs. The information gathered enables us to gain a greater understanding of your circumstances and of course, to be able to offer you a first rate service.
Internal Record Keeping
Sometimes, we may send you promotional material relating to new products that may be of interest. We may also send news concerning special offers and any up-to-date information to the email address provided. The information gathered may be used to better our services and products.
Periodically, SimpleWills.net may need to contact you for market research purposes and this can be done using the personal information provided. A company representative may contact you via mail, fax, phone or email.
The information you provide may be used to help us to create an interesting and more user-friendly customer website.
Clients are entitled to withhold or restrict personal information and this can be done in the following ways:
- If you are filling in an online form you will see a box that gives you the option to withhold information or to refuse to allow your personal details to be used for direct marketing purposes. Please tick the box if you do not wish to share your personal details.
- If, in the past, you have given permission for your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes and you wish to change your mind you should contact SimpleWills.net by email or letter.
- We will never lease, sell or distribute your personal information to any third party without your permission, unless the law states otherwise. If you would like to receive promotional information from interesting third parties you must provide us with your personal details
- All personal details held can be requested under the Data Protection Act 1998, however, a small fee is charged to release the information. Contact SimpleWills.net, 89 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 2BA for a copy of personal details held on file.
Cookies are miniature files that are placed on a computer's hard drive. If you agree to allow cookies, the small file is placed on the hard drive and the cookie analyses web traffic and informs you when you visit certain sites. A cookie permits a web application to treat you as an individual. These web applications tailor their operations to your likes, dislikes and needs. Cookies gather and remember information relating to personal preference.
A traffic log cookie is used to locate pages viewed, hence the team at SimpleWills.net can analyse data relating to webpage traffic and better the website for their customers. After the information has been used for statistical analysis it is wiped from the system.
Cookies enable us to provide you with a superior website as we can monitor pages of interest. Cookies do not allow SimpleWills.net to gain access to your computer or any of your personal information. The only personal details we have on record are those provided at the onset.
The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, clients can modify their browsers to decline cookies, but this may prevent you from accessing the website in full. Decline cookies and you may not be able to attain the vital information needed.
Control of your Personal Information
Submit your data and you must agree to the following:
- All personal information given to SimpleWills.net must be current and accurate
- Clients who feel we are holding incomplete or inaccurate information must email or write to the above address as soon as possible. Incorrect information will be amended as soon as possible
- Periodically, we record and monitor all incoming and outgoing telephone calls. We believe this helps us to train our staff and to offer you, the customer, and a better service
- Certain personal information is viewed as sensitive. For example, details concerning your religion and state of health are regarded as sensitive. SimpleWills.net will never gather sensitive information without specific consent
- We may use some information to notify you about features, events or activities you could find interesting
- Any third party provider who uses the site may choose to make use of traffic patterns, but all personal information is unidentifiable unless it applies to a specific application or order
- Periodically, SimpleWills.net may share information with reputable business concerns outside and within the European Union. Sharing the information may be beneficial because you may be notified about interesting events and activities.
- Please do not submit personal information if you do not want SimpleWills.net to collect or process the information. If we have your personal details and you believe they are incorrect please contact SimpleWills.net Limited, 89 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 2BA. We will update your information as soon as possible or if requested, we will remove your details from our database. Our staff are here to help, so feel free to contact us if you have any further queries relating to our privacy statement.
Our Security Policy
SimpleWills.net will ensure all information is stored securely to prevent unauthorised disclosure or access. We have a wealth of physical, managerial and electronic procedures to safeguard all online information.
Linking to other Websites
The SimpleWills.net website often contains links to other interesting sites. We have no control over the links to other websites; hence we stipulate clients use the links at their own risk. We advise all clients read the privacy statement on the website in question and we reiterate we cannot be held responsible for protecting your privacy if you choose to use links to other sites.